Suspect in French Quarter shooting surrenders
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans teenager has surrendered to police to face a charge he opened fire on a tourist-filled street in the city's French Quarter earlier this week. One man was killed and seven were wounded in the shooting.
Investigators obtained an arrest warrant on a second-degree murder charge for 19-year-old Marvin Carter, who turned himself in Friday.
Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas says investigators believe Carter knew the man he fatally shot, 25-year-old Albert Glover.
Serpas says Glover was the intended target. He says Carter and Glover had some sort of confrontation on Bourbon Street before the Tuesday shooting.