Suspect arrested in connection to deadly Bourbon Street shooting
NEW ORLEANS – A man has been arrested and charged with second degree murder in connection to a deadly shooting that happened on Bourbon Street early Sunday morning.
The New Orleans Police Department confirmed 20-year-old Jordan Clay is being held in St. Martin Parish and will be extradited to New Orleans.
He was arrested Thursday night in connection to the shooting that killed 25-year-old tattoo artist, Demontris Tolliver, and injured nine others.
Police are still working to identify a second suspect in this case.
A press conference was held on Friday morning to give updates on the investigation. New Orleans Police Superintendent Michael Harrison said that Clay along with the second suspect are from the Lafayette area. Harrison said that Clay and the second suspect had been involved in an ongoing dispute outside of New Orleans.
Harrison further stated that Clay and the second suspect had no affiliation with Southern University or Grambling State University or the city of New Orleans.
Harrison said that the NOPD and other agencies are still processing evidence and working "tirelessly" on the investigation.
"A lot of work is left to be done in this investigation," Harrison said.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Baton Rouge woman dies after cosmetic surgery in Miami
3-year-old toddler found after being reported missing Friday
State rep pushing for more ferry crossings to alleviate morning traffic
Gun stolen from inside of a Baker police officer's home
Livingston sheriff hosts annual Christmas Crusade to help families in need