Posted: Dec 9, 2010 1:59 PM by Russell Jones
BATON ROUGE – A day after the Baton Rouge Metro Council voted to withdraw parish funding for the 2011 Bayou Country Superfest, organizers said they’re still committed to putting the concert on with the community’s help.
A statement from the concert’s organizers said they were disappointed in the Council’s vote, and hoped Baton Rouge businesses and citizens would give them the support needed to keep the concert funded.
Council members that spoke to News 2 said while they supported the concert, they felt taxpayer money wasn’t going to be well-spent and that the original funding had been used because the Superfest was new, and was no longer needed after last year's success.
News 2’s Sarah Rosario will have more on the future of the Bayou Country Superfest tonight starting on News 2 at 5.