Study: Hundreds of kids harmed by detergent 'pods'
UNDATED - Accidental poisonings from squishy laundry detergent packets called pods have landed more than 700 U.S. children in the hospital in just two years.
An analysis of poison center data for 2012 and 2013 shows that there were more than 17,000 poison center calls about the products involving children younger than 6.
Most children weren't seriously harmed. But some of those who were hospitalized suffered seizures and some fell into a coma. One even died last year.
The analysis is in today's Pediatrics online.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Feed your nightmares: BK offers Halloween themed burger
Deadline for Restore Louisiana survey approaches
WANTED: Women steal from Family Dollar locations
Crews respond to overnight house, commercial building fires in EBR
Powerball hits $345M for Wednesday night's drawing; Check numbers here