Student burned in explosion at LSU chemistry lab
BATON ROUGE - An LSU student was injured when chemicals he was working with exploded and caused a fire, according to LSU media relations.
Ernie Ballard said a student was working in a chemistry lab in Choppin Hall when a "flash flame" occurred, burning the student.
BRPD and LSU Police were called out to the lab. The fire was quickly contained and students were allowed back into the lab after 3 p.m.
There's no word on the extent of the student's injuries.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Daycare owner indicted on negligent homicide charge in child's death
Slow start to ticket sales for Saturday's LSU, USC game
La. VA secretary out amid patient care scandal
LSU general admission tickets go on sale Thursday
West Feliciana deputy accused of using 'n' word, multiple complaints filed