Posted: Jan 1, 2013 6:06 PM
Updated: Jan 1, 2013 6:06 PM
Source: Associated Press
PASADENA, Calif. - Hannah Storm was back on the air Tuesday, hosting the Rose Parade telecast three weeks after a propane gas grill accident left the ESPN anchor with first- and second-degree burns to her face, hands, chest and neck.
Storm lost roughly half her hair in the accident Dec. 11 outside her home in Connecticut. She wore extensions for the ABC telecast and her left hand was bandaged.
Storm's eyebrows and eyelashes were burned off. A makeup artist drew on eyebrows for the telecast.
This was the fifth time Storm has hosted the Rose Parade in Pasadena, Calif. She says it was a familiar and comforting setting to make her return.
Storm says she hopes to turn her ordeal into an opportunity to talk about how to safely operate propane gas grills.