Statewide burn ban still in effect
A burn ban is still in effect for Louisiana, according to State Fire Marshal Butch Browning. Browning says the ban is necessary because wooded areas and vegetation are dry.
To protect your home from fire, Browning suggests:
- Ensure you home has non-combustible shingles
- Keep your roof clean of limbs, straw or leaves
- Keep a 30-foot clearance around your home that is clear of any trees, shrubs, high grass or fire wood
- Keep trees and other vegetation watered and moist
- Report any outdoor fire to your local fire department before it gets out of control
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.