Posted: Nov 3, 2013 9:42 PM by Chris Nakamoto
Updated: Nov 4, 2013 8:39 AM
ST. AMANT- A man checking to see if propane was leaking from a mobile home caused a large explosion in St. Amant Sunday evening, according to Fire Chief James LeBlanc.
LeBlanc said the man was using a flame which caused the explosion around 5pm in the 10,527 block of Savoy Road. Residents in a 12 mile radius reported feeling the explosion shake their homes.
"The homeowner was thrown between 20-30 feet as witnesses and neighbors saw," Fire Chief James LeBlanc told News 2. "It's just remarkable that anyone could walk away from an explosion like that."
Windows broke at three homes near the explosion. It was so powerful it even shifted an air conditioner off its foundation.
Aside from the homeowner who received some bumps and bruises, there were no serious injuries.