Space heater likely cause of deadly fire
BRUSLY - Investigators said a space heater is likely to blame for a deadly house fire in Brusly early Tuesday morning.
Family members said 76-year-old Verna Craig died in the fire, which started just after 5 a.m. at the home on Choctaw Road.
Fire marshals said they found the remains of a space heater they believe was too close to the victim's bed, and may have started the fire. They are still investigating to rule out any other possible causes.
News 2's Jason Newton spoke to the victim's family, and will have their story tonight starting at 4 p.m.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
North Baton Rouge businesses pitch to investors for chance at check
Concerned over construction project handling
Vice President Pence pays surprise visit to Denham Springs couple
BRPD dealing with fewer applicants, increase in open positions
Vice President Mike Pence speaks to Port Allen crowd