Space heater causes house fire in Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters said combustibles placed too close to a portable heater were to blame for a house fire in Baton Rouge this morning.
The fire happened around 11 a.m. in the 2700 block of North Lark.
Firefighters said it started in the rear bedroom of the home, and was fully engulfed with flames when firefighters arrived. No one was hurt.
The Red Cross was called to help the resident of the home.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Restore Louisiana discusses how to spend flood aid
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg had lunch in Baton Rouge; Find out what he...
Sparks fly at town hall meeting with Congressman Garret Graves
Multiple calls to fix growing sinkhole gone unanswered
Parents stay strong after daughter left paralyzed following domestic violence shooting