Posted: Feb 13, 2014 5:35 PM
Updated: Feb 14, 2014 6:46 AM
BATON ROUGE - Southern University athletics officials announced Thursday that all their teams are banned from post-season play, until they can correct paperwork for athletic eligibility.
Southern athletics officials said they were notified about the issues in December and had been working to supply the NCAA with more and corrected paperwork.
The NCAA said if Southern met their deadlines for submitting the paperwork, the ban would be lifted in time for them to compete in upcoming tournaments.
Both of Southern's basketball teams are both currently 10-1, and the Southwestern Athletic Conference tournaments begin March 11.
Sports 2 will have more details tonight at 6 and 10.