Smoke prompts Capitol Annex evacuation
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters evacuated the Capitol Annex in Baton Rouge this morning after smoke was reported inside.
Curt Monte with the Baton Rouge Fire Department said the smoke came from a fan motor which overheated in a maintenance room, which did not cause any damage to the building.
He said once the smoke was cleared everyone was allowed back in, and workers installed a new fan motor.
The Capitol Annex contains Lieutenant Governor Jay Dardenne's office and other state offices.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
20-year-old wanted for shooting near Doe's restaurant on Government Street
Legally blind teacher works, can't get disability assistance
Community gathers to honor Martin Luther King Jr. on MLK Day
Family fears possible healthcare changes could leave child without care
Mosquitoes seen in BR earlier than usual time of year