Smoke detectors save family in St. Amant
St. Amant - Smoke Detectors, along with quick response by local Ascension Firefighters saved a young girl from a house fire Thursday morning in St. Amant.
When firefighters arrived at the home at 11:46 a.m., they found flames coming out of a bedroom the 11-year-old girl was sleeping in.
The older residents were outside when they heard the smoke detectors going off. The homeowner entered the room to find the curtains on fire and the smoke detector alerting the sleeping child.
The fire is still under investigation at this time. Most of the home was destroyed.
The Red Cross has been called to help find shelter and clothes for the seven people living in the home.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Continued FEMA assistance denied for woman paying rent, mortgage
How will Louisiana fare in Trump's economy?
Sugar cane burn tripped power line, may have contributed to Dow leak...
Christmas decorations, bathroom vandalized at Jambalaya Park in Gonzales
Finishing touches done to Middendorf’s restaurant