Smithsonian won't pull Cosby art exhibit after charges
WASHINGTON - The criminal charges filed Wednesday against Bill Cosby won't lead to any changes to a Cosby-funded art exhibit at a Smithsonian museum.
Eddie Burke, a spokesman for the Smithsonian's National Museum of African Art, said Wednesday that the exhibit will close as scheduled on Jan. 24. He says no changes will be made to a posted disclaimer that says the museum does not condone Cosby's alleged behavior.
About a third of the works on display in the exhibit come from the private collection of Cosby and his wife, Camille. Cosby also funded the exhibit with a $716,000 gift.
Smithsonian officials debated whether to pull the exhibit after revelations about Cosby's behavior with women in court documents unsealed earlier this year. Cosby was charged Wednesday with aggravated indecent assault.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU uses specially trained K-9s to detect bombs
Mighty Moms partners with a special needs class to feed familes in...
Baton Rouge Bishop: Catholic Church working on making local abuse records public
Ascension Hot Balloon Festival returns in Gonzales
Central to outfit a new emergency operation center