Sleeping woman rescued from burning mattress
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters rescued a woman from a fire just before 3 p.m. Thursday.
The fire department was called to a home on Arcadia, in Mayfair Park, where they found light smoke. A woman outside told firefighters she evacuated but her daughter was asleep inside.
The daughter, who the fire department identified as a lady in its press release about the situation, was asleep on a burning mattress. The unidentified woman suffered burns on her feet and smoke inhalation.
The mother also suffered from smoke inhalation. Both women were taken to the hospital.
The house was not damaged, the department said. Investigators believe a cigarette started the mattress fire.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz