Six arrested, one wanted in Tangipahoa sex sting
Six men were arrested and one is wanted after initiating sexually explicit contact on the Internet with people police had reason to believe were underage children.
Detectives from the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office, Saint Landry Parish Sheriff's Office and Louisiana State Police participated in the undercover Internet operation which led to the arrests of:
- 29-year-old Robert L. Thibodeaux, Jr., Houma
- 27-year-old Wesley (Jamie) Deshotel III, Lafayette
- 28-year-old Richard E. Boyd, Pineville
- 24-year-old Rusty James Rogers, Lydia
- 30-year-old Christopher W. Curtis, Broussard
- 29-year-old Brendan Bohannan, Slidell; Bohannan is a registered sex offender, having been convicted in 2002 of carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
All of the men were charged with computer-aided solicitation of a minor and indecent behavior with juveniles.
Detectives have also obtained arrest warrants for:
- 20-year-old Kendrick Adam Guidry, Houma; Guidry is wanted for indecent behavior with juveniles and pornography involving juveniles.
"These investigations are the result of detectives proactively patrolling cyber space. The public can rest assured that the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office will remain vigilant in investigating and capturing Internet child predators, but providing Internet safety training for parents and children throughout the parish is equally important in keeping our children safe. Please feel free to contact the public information officer at 985-902-2000 to ask about Internet Safety training,” said Sheriff Daniel Edwards.
Photos courtesy of Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office.