Shooting person of interest interviewed, released
NEW ORLEANS - Authorities released a person of interest in this past weekend's deadly shooting on Bourbon Street, after he was booked on unrelated charges.
WWL-TV reports that Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office released Justin Odom, 20, without charging him in connection with the shooting that injured nine people and killed one.
Investigators released Odom's picture to media earlier this week and said he met police with his lawyer Wednesday night. A spokesperson for Mayor Mitch Landrieu's office said NOPD homicide detectives interviewed Odom, then booked him on outstanding warrants for traffic violations and shoplifting.
No arrests have been made so far in the shooting investigation. Police are still looking for a man named "Joe" or "Josh" who associates with Odom as a person of interest.
Authorities said 21-year-old Brittany Thomas of Hammond succumbed to her injuries Thursday.
Detectives are requesting for the public's assistance in obtaining any photos or videos taken of the incident or any photos or videos taken from the French Quarter on the night of the incident to be sent to NOPDTIPS@nola.gov.