Second space heater related blaze over weekend
BATON ROUGE - Fire officials blame a space heater for the cause of a fire that destroyed a home in Baton Rouge Sunday morning.
The fire happened around 10:36 a.m. at a home where two people lived on 1024 North 28 St.
Fire fighters say a family pet dog was not able to survive the blaze, but the two people living there escaped the blaze unharmed.
Investigators say a space heater was placed too close to combustible materials in a bedroom. It is the second space heater involved blaze this week. A space heater was also suspected in a deadly fire in Iberville Parish that killed one man and destroyed his home on Saturday.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Sheriff's office admits to mistake after not sending rape kit...
Tired of sifting through multiple mortgage company requests
Central residents tired of flooding; drainage clean-up to begin July 10
Woman accused in murder of molester takes plea deal
Area ice cream shop fires employees after tirade aimed at sheriff's deputies