Search underway for missing boaters after collision on Mississippi River
NEW ORLEANS - A search is underway for a pair of missing people after two boats collided on the Mississippi River Monday.
According to the United States Coast guard, a towing vessel collided with another docked boat around 9:45 a.m. near Patterson Drive in Algiers. The vessel capsized with three people onboard.
One was rescued by a good Samaritan, however the Coast Guard is still searching for the remaining two.
The following agencies are involved in the search:
- Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew
- Coast Guard Station New Orleans Response Boat-Medium boat crew
- Coast Guard Cutter Barbara Mabrity
- New Orleans Harbor Police
- Plaquemines Port Authority
- St. Bernard Parish Sheriff’s Office
- Plaquemines Parish Sheriff’s Office
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Area mayors set to denounce plans for zoo move
Crying child wanders into parking lot after being left on school bus...
Livingston Fire Dept.'s struggle with lack of funding continues
Crawfish could be in short supply for businesses relying on Atchafalaya Basin
Brusly looking for missing traffic ticket money