School put on lockdown after fight, prank call
BATON ROUGE - Sheriff's deputies said they're investigating a call which claimed there was a gun at an East Baton Rouge school after a fight earlier this morning.
Sheriff's department spokesperson Casey Hicks said investigators found no gun at Southeast Middle School, and believe the call was a prank.
She said deputies responded to the school after a fight involving three students around 7:30 a.m. There were no weapons involved in the fight, and no injuries according to investigators.
Hicks said an anonymous 911 call came in after the fight was cleared, claiming there was possibly a gun at the school. Deputies put the school on lockdown and searched it, but did not find any weapon.
Hicks said the school was taking additional precautions per their security policy, and deputies were continuing to investigate the call's origins.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
North Carolina police release dash cam shooting footage (Warning: Graphic Video)
North Carolina police release shooting footage (Graphic video warning)
West BR to implement traffic flow measures on LA 1 starting Monday
Man claims his severe losses came from contractor, not flood
Local teen prepares for 9th open heart surgery