Sandbags available in Ascension Parish
GONZALES - Water pumping stations in Ascension Parish were turned on yesterday afternoon in anticipation for the heavy rainfall.
To help with the flooding, a number of fire stations are prepared with sand and bags. In Gonzales, city crews began filling bags with sand early this morning.
"As long as there's sand and bags available, we'll be here," said Paul Groves. "It's a mess, it's a lot of water."
In neighborhoods like Silverleaf, homes are surrounded by water.
"I started bagging around three this morning," said Silverleaf resident Ronald Hall. "It kept on coming and coming."
Sand and bags are available at the following locations and residents are advised to bring their own shovels:
· St. Amant Fire Department, 44465 Stringer Bridge Rd., St. Amant
· Galvez/Lake Fire Department, 16288 Joe Sevario Road, Galvez
· 7th District Fire Department, 13398 Roddy Rd., Gonzales
· Prairieville VFD Station 31, 17183 Hwy. 929, Prairieville
· Lake Martin Area, Corner of Hwy. 431 and Lake Martin Avenue
Sand bags are available at Lamar-Dixon Expo Center Arena B.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
North Carolina police release dash cam shooting footage (Warning: Graphic Video)
North Carolina police release shooting footage (Graphic video warning)
West BR to implement traffic flow measures on LA 1 starting Monday
Man claims his severe losses came from contractor, not flood
Local teen prepares for 9th open heart surgery