Saints banged-up secondary bracing for Baltimore
METAIRIE - Saints coach Sean Payton says he's not ready to specify how New Orleans plans to shuffle the secondary following the loss of starting free safety Rafael Bush to a season-ending leg injury.
The Saints have several candidates to take over for Bush, among them Marcus Ball, a former Canadian Football League player who Payton says is healthy and has a good grasp of defensive coordinator Robe Ryan's defense.
The Saints' other safeties include Jamarca Sanford, a former Minnesota Vikings starter who was signed last week, and Pierre Warren, who signed this week, but was also with the Saints during training camp.
Payton says coaches will take a look at how the defensive backs practiced this week and find "the best combination" of players to field against Baltimore on Monday night.