Ruffino's - Hot Crab Dip
The chefs from Ruffino's returned to the 2une In kitchen this morning with this great seafood appetizer.
2 pounds jumbo lump crabmeat
2 pounds claw crabmeat
1 pound butter
1 cup onions, chopped
½ cup celery, chopped
1 cup green onions, sliced
4 tablespoons garlic, minced
½ cup flour
2 quarts heavy whipping cream
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup lemon juice
dash of Tabasco
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and cayenne pepper to taste
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 cup parsley, chopped
1. In a heavy bottom stockpot, melt the butter over medium high heat.
2. Add the onions, celery, green onions, and garlic and sauté until the onions begin to turn clear. 3. Mix in the flour and stir to make a white roux. Be careful not to let the roux brown.
4. Add the hot cream to the roux and stir well.
5. Reduce heat to a simmer and add white wine, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
6. Add Parmesan cheese stirring well so mixture does not scorch.
7. Add red pepper and parsley for color and fold in the crabmeat.
Serve with crackers.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Police continue search for Plaquemine murder suspect
Shell Chemical to spend $717 million to expand Geismar plant
NOPD says married Sen. Troy Brown punched girlfriend at Bayou Classic party
Mental health services see spike in demand as hospitals close
$4 million of EKL medical equipment missing