Ruffino's - Heirloom Tomato Salad
Heirloom Tomato Salad
3 Heirloom tomatoes
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
8 oz. burrata cheese (mozzarella can be substituted)
½ cup balsamic caviar (balsamic vinegar can be substituted)
micro basil (regular basil can be substituted)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Slice the heirloom tomatoes into 1/3 inch thick slices and arrange 3 different colored slices on each plate.
2. Season the tomatoes with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
3. Place a tablespoon of burrata on top of each tomato.
4. Place a teaspoon of balsamic caviar on each piece of burrata.
5. Arrange micro basil on each slice of tomato and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.