Quick action from firefighters saves home
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters in Baton Rouge said quick response helped them save a family home after an electrical fire this morning.
Curt Monte with Baton Rouge Fire said it happened at 10746 Red Oak around 8:30 Monday morning. Investigators believe an electrical malfunction in a storage room started the fire, and it was filled with flames when firefighters arrived.
Monte said firefighters kept the flames from spreading to the rest of the home, and the residents will still be able to live there.
The room and the things inside were a total loss.