Posted: Mar 25, 2011 8:41 AM by WBRZ
Updated: Mar 25, 2011 8:41 AM
Baton Rouge - A power outage in downtown Baton Rouge Friday morning was caused by a likeable ne'er-do-well from the animal world...a raccoon.
Entergy Region Manager Jeff Holeman says a raccoon got into a sub-station located downtown and got wedged between two electrical devices.
The raccoon was electrocuted thereby shorting out the system for about 20 minutes.
Entergy crews disposed of the raccoon's remains and electricity was quickly restored.