Police make arrest in attempted murder case
BATON ROUGE - Police said the suspect in a shooting earlier this week surrendered Wednesday to detectives in Baton Rouge.
Cpl. Don Coppola Jr. said 27-year-old Travis Thomas surrendered to charges of second-degree attempted murder, illegal use of a weapon and being a felon in possession of a firearm.
Detectives said Thomas shot a 40-year-old man after the two had an argument Monday night around 8:50 p.m. on Jefferson Avenue. Police said the victim was still in critical condition at a local hospital.
Coppola said Thomas will be booked into the parish jail on the above charges later Wednesday.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Many Baton Rouge hotels completly booked for football-filled weekend
Police investigating racial slur left on LSU students' door
Three in jail following Ascension Parish crime spree
Residents see first debris pick up in Livingston Parish since flood
Tickfaw State Park hopes to reopen sometime in 2017