Police arrest man found passed out at hotel
BAKER - Police said they arrested a man at a Baker hotel after housekeepers found him passed out in a room filled with drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Staff from the Main Street hotel called Baker firefighters first after they entered the room and found 32-year-old Brandon Chaney unresponsive in bed.
EMS was already on the scene when Baker police arrived on the scene. They said they found a syringe with a colored liquid inside of it along with baggies and a small glass vial that contained a white, powdery substance.
Officers also noted that the first floor room smelled strongly of marijuana, and they found a rolled cigar and plastic bags of suspected marijuana in the room.
Police were forced to stop their search for more contraband when Chaney kicked an attending paramedic in the knee. Officers said Chaney struggled as police tried to get him into the back seat of a waiting cruiser, but officers were able to secure him.
More drugs and drug paraphernalia were uncovered when police returned to search the room including more syringes, a digital scale and unidentified white pills.
Chaney was booked into parish prison for possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia along with simple battery, resisting an officer and other charges.