Placid contract worker died after gas exposure
BATON ROUGE - Family members confirmed to News 2 that one of the Placid contract workers died on Sunday.
Derek Trouard died after suffering from complications once he was exposed to argon while on the job Wednesday. The family told News 2 he suffered from multiple heart attacks and inflammation to the brain. Trouard and another worker were working near the storage tank at the Placid refining facility and were expose to argon instead of fresh air supply.
Placid officials said in a statement that there was no fire, explosion or release of any substances from the tanks or nearby facilities.
Both men were airlifted by emergency helicopters and transported to the hospital. Sources tell News 2 the other worker suffers from memory loss but is in stable condition. Click here to view the original story News 2 broke on Wednesday.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Denham Springs city council reviews recovery plan following August 2016 flood
Money Carlo match-to-win mailer misleading to consumers
Court hearing reveals brutal details in molester's murder
Tuesday's ribbon-cutting ceremony marks official opening of water campus
Thieves steal expensive batteries from cranes, backhoes used to repair flooded road