Pan of grease causes Prescott Rd. fire
BATON ROUGE – Firefighters say a pan of grease left on a stove started a fire on Prescott Road in Baton Rouge Thursday.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department says the fire happened at 6124 Prescott Rd. around 3:46 p.m. Thursday. At the scene, firefighters found smoke coming from the home and a fire in the kitchen.
A spokesperson for BRFD says firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen but the rest of the home received heavy smoke and water damage.
BRFD says the fire caused $25,000 in damages to the home. The Red Cross was called to the home to assist the family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Amazon posts job listings for new Baton Rouge warehouse
State Capitol's front doors will reopen after three years - but it...
'Cajuneers' using military trucks to collect donations for Florence victims
PSC places scrutiny on electric cooperatives across the state
Detention pond gobbling up land in Gonzales neighborhood