Owner: Furnace may be behind deadly Indiana blast
INDIANAPOLIS - The owner of a house that exploded in Indianapolis says he wonders if a faulty furnace might have been to blame for the blast that killed two people and destroyed or damaged dozens of homes.
John Shirley told The Associated Press on Monday that he received a text message last week from his daughter about a problem with the furnace at the house the girl shares with her mother and her mother's boyfriend.
John Shirley says no one was home at the time of the explosion.
His ex-wife, Monserrate Shirley, declined to comment Monday.
Indiana real estate records show the house had been for sale for a year until it was taken off the market in March.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Former employee's arrest, superintendent's retirement prompt shake-up
OLOL picking up slack as BR General ER closes its doors
Proposed law could end suspensions, expulsions
Accountability to be key following Baker Schools Superintendent retirement
Public safety facing $7-10 million budget cuts