Overloaded extension cord causes house fire
BATON ROUGE - Fire officials are investigating a house fire caused by an overloaded extension cord.
Fire damaged the hall, attic and front porch of a home on 1870 Birch St. around 2:20 p.m. Saturday. The rest of the home sustained smoke damange according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department
Investigators believe the overloaded extension cord was powering a space heater.
Fire officials say three people lived in the house, but no one was injured.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Exxon eyes Baton Rouge for more expansion, reports suggest
Crews working to clear drainage canals in Denham Springs
BREC Commission to discuss alternate location for the Baton Rouge Zoo
Investigative Unit: New juvenile jail sits unused because there's no money to...
Inmate charged with orchestrating 7-year tax fraud scheme from prison