Overloaded electrical outlet sparks house fire on Mohican Street
BATON ROUGE - Crews with the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a house fire Sunday night.
The fire was reported around 8 o'clock Sunday evening in the 3700 block of Mohican Street near N. 38th.
Fire crews tell WBRZ the fire was caused by an overloaded electrical outlet, which set the kitchen and dining room ablaze. The fire was contained within 8 minutes.
Two people were able to escape unharmed.
The total estimated damage to the home is valued at $30,000. Red Cross was called to assist.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
'Max Gruver Act' expected to be signed into law
American flags placed at national cemetery in preparation for Memorial Day
BRPD arrests man suspected in at least nine separate robberies
High-profile sex offender facing new charges now facing a much higher bond,...
Child prodigy from Baton Rouge earns full ride to Southern University 69/255