Over 33,000 La. Walmart workers to get pay raises
NEW ORLEANS - More than 33,000 Walmart associates in Louisiana will receive a pay raise by their Mar. 10 paycheck. The increases are a part of the company’s two-year $2.7 billion investment in higher pay, better training and education opportunities for its workers.
The Mar. 10 paycheck for eligible Louisiana associates will include a share of more than $5.4 million of bonuses.
“This new pay structure is already improving the lives of Walmart associates,” Gay Clark, department manager of Walmart store #270, said.
Walmart U.S and Sam’s Club promoted over 5,000 associates with higher pay and over 3,000 were converted from part-time to full-time.
This month’s pay changes include:
- All associates hired before Jan. 1, 2016 will earn at least $10/hour.
- New entry-level associates hired after Jan. 1 will continue to start at $9/hour and will move to at least $10/hour after completing the company training program.
- Associates already earning more than $10/hour will see their annual pay increase starting in March rather than waiting until their anniversary date.
- Walmart is raising the starting rate of its non-entry level hourly pay bands. Anyone earning below the new minimum will automatically move up to the new minimum.
- Associates at or above their pay band maximum will receive a one-time lump sum payment equal to 2 percent of their annual pay.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Police identify woman found shot, killed inside wrecked car
Small business owner left out in the cold after thief steals snowball...
Bold theives burglarize cars and leave messages in Pointe Coupee
Holiday Helpers hand off annual Thanksgiving dinner
Body trapped under boat recovered from river