WBRZ News

One injured in house explosion

Font size

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 5:32 AM by Andrea Fontenot
Updated: Jun 30, 2010 5:39 AM
Source: BRFD

  Rating: 4.0 (1 vote)

Topics: injured, natural gas, leak, explosion, home, Old South Baton Rouge, Matilda Street

One person was injured after a natural gas leak caused an explosion at a home in Old South Baton Rouge.

It happened around 10:45 p.m. Tuesday at 1502 Matilda Street.

Firefighters say there something inside the home ignited causing an explosion, leveling the home.

One person was taken to the hospital with burn injuries.

That explosion caused the home at 1510 Matilda to catch on fire. This fire was fueled by an additional gas leak after the initial explosion.

This fire quickly extended to the attic causing severe damage to the home.

A third home also received minor fire damage.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular