69°
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 Day Outlook
Tue
82°
62°
10%
Wed
83°
66°
10%
Thu
85°
68°
30%

Latest Weather Blog

Follow our weather team on social media

One dead in toxic, slow-burning home fire

4 years ago Friday, December 24, 2010 9:51:27 AM CST December 24, 2010 Friday, December 24 2010 Dec 24, 2010 in News
Source: WBRZ

SLIDELL – The state fire marshal says a Slidell man died after being overcome by smoke from a slow-burning fire in his home.

State Fire Marshals Butch Browning said 56-year-old Charles Odes II was found dead in the hallway of his home last night by firefighters with St. Tammany Parish Fire.

Firefighters had been called to Odes home on St. Louis Street around 9:15 p.m. Wednesday night.  They said a smoldering fire had started in the Odes’ bedroom from either a space heater or unattended smoking material.  Browning said Ordes was overcome by toxic smoke from the fire, which appears to be accidental.

Browning said there were no working smoke alarms in the residence at the time of the fire.

More News

comments powered by Disqus

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
5 Days
Radar
Today
69°
60°
Tue
Partly Cloudy
82°
62°
Wed
Mostly Cloudy
83°
66°
Thu
Isolated T-Storms
85°
68°
Fri
PM T-Storms
88°
62°