WBRZ News

One dead in toxic, slow-burning home fire

Font size

Posted: Dec 24, 2010 11:51 AM by Russell Jones
Source: WBRZ

  Rating: 3.0 (1 vote)

Topics: slidell, smoke, fire, marshal, st. tammany, parish, toxic, fume, alarm, wbrz, louisiana

SLIDELL – The state fire marshal says a Slidell man died after being overcome by smoke from a slow-burning fire in his home.

State Fire Marshals Butch Browning said 56-year-old Charles Odes II was found dead in the hallway of his home last night by firefighters with St. Tammany Parish Fire.

Firefighters had been called to Odes home on St. Louis Street around 9:15 p.m. Wednesday night. They said a smoldering fire had started in the Odes’ bedroom from either a space heater or unattended smoking material. Browning said Ordes was overcome by toxic smoke from the fire, which appears to be accidental.

Browning said there were no working smoke alarms in the residence at the time of the fire.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular