Posted: Mar 29, 2013 10:10 PM by Trey Schmaltz
BATON ROUGE- A resident of a nursing home was taken to an area hospital for evaluation after a fire at the facility Friday.
The fire at Carrington Place of Baton Rouge on Summa Ave. forced the evacuation of all residents. The blaze was extinguished by the sprinkler system before firefighters arrived.
The fire was contained to one room, but smoke filled the building.
A fire department spokesperson said the fire was caused by improper disposal of smoke materials.
Details about how much damage was done by the fire were not available.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz