Posted: Dec 31, 2012 1:50 PM
PENDLETON, Ore.- A federal agency has sent two investigators to the site of an Eastern Oregon tour bus crash that killed nine people.
The National Transportation Safety Board said Monday it would look into the conditions on Interstate 84 and the guardrail the tour bus crashed through Sunday morning. It also will examine the operations of the Vancouver, British Columbia, bus carrier.
The agency says the 1998-model bus rolled at least once when it wrecked on a long descent known for dangerous winter driving conditions.
More than 40 people were aboard the bus traveling from Las Vegas to Vancouver. On Monday, 14 remained at a hospital in nearby Pendleton. Sixteen had been sent to other hospitals.
A passenger tells The Oregonian the bus was carrying mostly exchange students from South Korea.