Norwegian Cruise, Port of NOLA reach 4-year deal
NEW ORLEANS - Port of New Orleans president and CEO Gary LaGrange says Norwegian Cruise Line will keep at least one cruise ship sailing from New Orleans for the next four to seven years.
New Orleans CityBusiness reports that the port and Miami-based cruise line signed a contract last week, days before the 2,340-passenger Norwegian Dawn was to arrive. It can carry 322 more passengers than the Norwegian Dawn, the line's previous New Orleans-based ship.
A three-year agreement expired Oct. 31.
Norwegian has homeported cruise ships in New Orleans since 2003 for seasonal western Caribbean cruises.
Royal Caribbean International said in June that it will leave when its contract ends in April.
In July, the port and Carnival Cruise Lines reached a five-year contract to keep two ships in New Orleans year-round.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
BREC soliciting designers for ways to improve Baton Rouge Zoo
Meatloaf thief on the loose in Denham Springs
Parent posts video of toddler scaling pool ladder as a warning to...
Ascension Parish Council to vote on two roundabouts along Highway 930
OMV fines collected surpasses $115 million