No injuries after apartment fire on Airline Highway
BATON ROUGE – Firefighters say no one was injured after a heating unit at an Airline Highway apartment complex caught fire Sunday afternoon.
According to St. George Fire Department spokesperson Eldon Ledoux, three engines, one ladder and a rescue company responded to a fire at Devonshire Apartments around 12:59 p.m. The fire was control 16 minutes later.
Ledoux said the fire was caused by a heating unit in the attic of apartment 241.
“The quick response and very aggressive action by the St. George firefighters contained the fire to the attic above the apartment of origin and prevented its spread to other units,” Ledoux said.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Despite video of prominent attorney's DWI arrest, prosecutor throws out charges
Police identify woman found shot, killed inside wrecked car
Small business owner left out in the cold after thief steals snowball...
Bold theives burglarize cars and leave messages in Pointe Coupee
Holiday Helpers hand off annual Thanksgiving dinner