NFL hopes to decide Pro Bowl future by April
HONOLULU - The NFL is hoping to decide the fate of the Pro Bowl by the time it releases next season's schedule in April. And the fate of the league's all-star game will largely depend on how much effort this year's Pro Bowlers put into the game.
NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Ray Anderson told reporters at a news conference Tuesday that the league expects players to play with the same intensity that made them Pro Bowl selections in the first place.
Commissioner Roger Goodell nearly canceled the game after uninspiring play last year, but it will be held Sunday at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu after discussions between the league and the player's union.
Chicago Bears cornerback Charles Tillman says players need to balance playing hard with avoiding injury.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Teens recognized as state's top future soldiers by Governor Edwards
Coursey Blvd. vandalism surveillance footage
Coursey Blvd. gardening business vandalized, owner says more than $10,000 in damages
Officers, teens discuss difficult issues at Baton Rouge conference
EBR sheriff's deputy changing tire goes viral