Next BRPD chief to be named Friday
BATON ROUGE - Mayor-President Kip Holden will announce the next Baton Rouge Police Chief tomorrow morning, according to his office.
Mayoral aide Scott Dyer said Holden would announce his choice at 10 a.m. from the Mayor's Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness.
That person would replace Charles Mondrick, who has served as interim chief since the resignation of Jeff Leduff. Mondrick's term ends on Monday.
A list of five finalists had been selected by an advisory board Mayor Holden had organized. They include:
- Lonnie Lockett - BRPD Major Assault Division commander
- Donald White - LSP Emergency Services Unit commander
- Jamie Fields - Former Detroit deputy police chief
- April Overman - Former NOPD officer
- Willard Bates - Criminal investigator with La. DEQ
News 2's Ashley Rodrigue will have more on the next possible chief tonight at 10 p.m.