Newtown mom disappointed at lack of info from DC
NEWTOWN, Conn. - The mother of one of the children shot dead in last month's Connecticut elementary school massacre says she's disappointed she hasn't had an opportunity to be heard in the discussion over gun control in Washington, D.C.
Veronique Pozner's 6-year-old son, Noah, was among 20 first-graders killed by a gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown. She says she's "puzzled" why she hasn't received more information about legislative proposals.
Pozner made the remarks Thursday in a statement released by her brother, Alexis Haller, who says he asked White House officials if victims' families would be informed of initiatives stemming from the massacre but never heard back.
A message has been left with the White House.
The Sandy Hook gunman also killed his mother at home and six adults at the school before committing suicide.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Financial help coming to families of fallen law enforcement heroes
Metro Council members oppose police residency requirements
Fund for first responders continues to grow
State Attorney General to hold board meeting for support of the families...
JPSO deputy shot and killed a man after pulling a gun on...