Newly-renovated Burger King catches fire hours after grand reopening
CENTRAL - Officials say a restaurant damaged during the freeze this past winter is closed once again, just a few hours after it reopened.
The Central Fire Department says it responded to a fire at the Burger King on Greenwell Springs Road near Sullivan Road around 3:20 Tuesday afternoon. Crews were able to get the fire under control within the hour and no injuries were reported.
The city of Central confirms the restaurant had recently been renovated due to damage sustained during a freeze several months ago. The location had a ribbon-cutting ceremony to commemorate its reopening Tuesday, just a few hours before the fire was reported.
There's currently no word on when the restaurant will open again.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Downtown library officials: no progress in nine months
Friends, family mourn Brookshire Ave. shooting victim
Insurance won't cover man's $20k hospital bill due to policy terminology
State issues administrative order demanding repairs for Clinton water system
11-year-old prodigy starts classes at Southern University