New York strip with carrot puree
BATON ROUGE - A chef at Galatoire's paired a carrot puree with a prime new york strip for a cooking event New York City.
Chef Kelley McCann said Galatoire's is offering a prime new york strip with roasted carrot puree as a part of their James Beard tasting menu. It's part of an event for the James Beard Foundation, which aims to educate people about American cuisine.
Recipe for Prime New York Strip with Roasted Carrot Puree, Cabernet Sauvignon and Bone Marrow Demi-glace:
- four 6 oz. Prime new york strips
- salt and pepper
- 5 lbs. of peeled and chopped carrots.
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/4 lbs. of salted butter
- 2 cups of diced bone marrow
- 1 qt. of veal or beef demi-glace
- 2 cups of cabernet sauvignon wine
- 2 shallots diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. of black peppercorns
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1/8 lbs. of butter
1. Fill a medium pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in carrots and allow to soften. Strain carrots from water and place into a food processor. Heat cream and butter to a simmer. Then, slowly add to carrots in the food processor until mixture begins to loosen. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a medium pot, add in shallots, peppercorns, bay leaves and red wine. Reduce by half. Once reduced, add in demi and simmer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, pour through a fine mesh strainer. Then, place back in pot. Add in marrow and simmer for 10 minutes. Some marrow will dissolve, but bigger pieces will stay intact.
3. Season new york strip with salt and pepper. Grill steaks to your preferred temperature and allow to rest for three to four minutes before plating. Evenly distribute carrot puree on four plates. Add steak to plate then top with demi.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
EBRSO: Driver attempts to flee scene of crash, doesn't get far
LA 1 to get new signs telling traffic info.
BR zoo takes WBRZ behind the scenes after animal deaths
Students invade Capitol for 'Take our Daughters and Sons to Work Day'
Mayor's Office discusses Earth Day violence at Friday press conference