Neighbors rescue resident from burning apartment
BATON ROUGE- A person was pulled from a burning apartment when flames erupted from a stove Monday night.
The fire began around 7:30 and was caused by "unattended cooking" a fire department spokesperson said in a news release. The fire happened at a complex in the 5200 block of Hollywood.
The person inside was rescued by neighbors before the first fire crews arrived on the scene, which took about five minutes from the time of the dispatch. The unidentified fire victim was transported to an area hospital. Their condition was not released.
Only one unit was damaged.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Continued FEMA assistance denied for woman paying rent, mortgage
How will Louisiana fare in Trump's economy?
Sugar cane burn tripped power line, may have contributed to Dow leak...
Christmas decorations, bathroom vandalized at Jambalaya Park in Gonzales
Finishing touches done to Middendorf’s restaurant