Nearly 4,000 homes in the dark after storms
BATON ROUGE - As of Monday morning nearly 4,000 homes people were in the dark around southern Louisiana due to bad storms.
Entergy said more than 1,800 homes lost power in East Baton Rouge Parish as of Monday morning, with most of those outages along Perkins Road between Bluebonnet and Siegen Lane. A few dozen outages were also reported in Ascension and Livingston parishes.
DEMCO reported West Feliciana had also been hit hard by storms with 1,299 customers there losing power.
Entergy also said Terrebonne Parish had been affected by the storms with 783 outages reported there.
Entergy estimated they would power in East Baton Rouge back on by 4 p.m., but said that could change due to the significant damage caused by the storm.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
New Roads mayor resigns, pleads no contest to malfeasance charges
Flood victims approaching deadline to move out of FEMA trailers
1 dead, another hurt after attack in Ascension Thursday
'Mass illness' sickens hundreds after jambalaya fundraiser
Mayor announces crime-fighting collaboration with AmeriCorps