NATO: 5 Americans killed in southern Afghanistan
KABUL, Afghanistan - An official with the U.S.-led international military coalition says the five troops killed by a roadside bomb in southern Afghanistan were all Americans.
Capt. Luca Carniel confirmed that the troops killed on Saturday were U.S. service members.
The coalition did not disclose the location of the blast.
However, Javeed Faisal, a spokesman for the governor of Kandahar province, said a coalition patrol hit the roadside bomb in Maiwand district of the province, the spiritual birthplace of the Taliban.
With the deaths, 47 members of the coalition have been killed so far this year - including 32 Americans.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Confusing addresses have some Zachary residents asking for change
Barge removal started on False River
Flood victims could qualify for new bathroom, kitchen
New details on Vice President Mike Pence's visit to Baton Rouge Wednesday
Cop's alleged racist messages on gay chat app under investigation