Posted: Feb 15, 2012 4:35 AM by Jillian Washington
Updated: Feb 15, 2012 10:10 AM
Source: State Fire Marshal's Office
HOLDEN - The State Fire Marshal's Office says a mother and her daughter died when their mobile home went up in flames early Wednesday morning.
Around 1 a.m., firefighters arrived to the burning home, located on Hob Hodges Rd., near Hwy. 441 in Holden.
Officials say the family of six was asleep inside the home when the father began to smell smoke.
He only managed to get three children out in time.
All four were taken to a Hammond hospital with minor injuries.
Officials have not released the names or ages of the victims.
Investigators say the family had space heaters running when the fire broke out and that the home did not have a smoke alarm.