More closures planned to repair spill damage
BATON ROUGE - Traffic engineers said portions of I-10 will need to be closed again to clean up damage from the controlled burn of a wrecked tanker truck yesterday.
The Department of Transportation and Development said the repairs would be combined with other regular construction activities, and are expected to last from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. tonight, weather permitting.
Normal traffic would still be able to pass through the construction zones on I-10 East and West, but vehicles wider than 11 feet would have to detour onto Airline Highway to avoid the zones.
Those areas affected include:
- I-12 westbound Exit 1A to I-10 eastbound will be closed for repair due to the isobutane accident.
- The Essen Lane off-ramp from I-10 eastbound (Exit 160) will be closed for repair due to the isobutane accident.
- The Siegen Lane off-ramp from I-10 westbound (Exit 163) will be closed for paving.
- The Siegen Lane on-ramp to I-10 eastbound will be closed for paving.
- There will be alternating lane closures on I-10 westbound from before Essen Lane to the I-12 eastbound off-ramp for repair due to the isobutane accident.
- There will be alternating lane closures on I-10 eastbound from before Essen Lane to past the Essen Lane overpass for repair due to the isobutane accident.
- The right lane of I-10 westbound will be closed before and after the Siegen Lane overpass.
- The right lane of I-10 eastbound will be closed between Siegen Lane and Highland Road.
Drivers trying to get to Essen Lane from I-10 East should keep going to Bluebonnet, exit and get back on I-10 going west, then take the Essen Lane exit from that direction.
Drivers trying to get to Siegen Lane from I-10 West should continue westbound on I-10, exit at Bluebonnet Boulevard/Mall of Louisiana Boulevard (Exit 162B), turn left on Mall of Louisiana Boulevard, and turn left on eastbound Frontage Road to access Siegen Lane.
Drivers trying to get onto I-10 East from Siegen Lane should go south on Siegen Lane, turn left onto Perkins Road, turn left onto Highland Road, and access I-10 eastbound from Highland Road.
Motorists are reminded to please use caution in all construction zones and follow the lower posted speed limits.