More closures planned to repair spill damage
BATON ROUGE - Traffic engineers said portions of I-10 will need to be closed again to clean up damage from the controlled burn of a wrecked tanker truck yesterday.
The Department of Transportation and Development said the repairs would be combined with other regular construction activities, and are expected to last from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. tonight, weather permitting.
Normal traffic would still be able to pass through the construction zones on I-10 East and West, but vehicles wider than 11 feet would have to detour onto Airline Highway to avoid the zones.
Those areas affected include:
- I-12 westbound Exit 1A to I-10 eastbound will be closed for repair due to the isobutane accident.
- The Essen Lane off-ramp from I-10 eastbound (Exit 160) will be closed for repair due to the isobutane accident.
- The Siegen Lane off-ramp from I-10 westbound (Exit 163) will be closed for paving.
- The Siegen Lane on-ramp to I-10 eastbound will be closed for paving.
- There will be alternating lane closures on I-10 westbound from before Essen Lane to the I-12 eastbound off-ramp for repair due to the isobutane accident.
- There will be alternating lane closures on I-10 eastbound from before Essen Lane to past the Essen Lane overpass for repair due to the isobutane accident.
- The right lane of I-10 westbound will be closed before and after the Siegen Lane overpass.
- The right lane of I-10 eastbound will be closed between Siegen Lane and Highland Road.
Drivers trying to get to Essen Lane from I-10 East should keep going to Bluebonnet, exit and get back on I-10 going west, then take the Essen Lane exit from that direction.
Drivers trying to get to Siegen Lane from I-10 West should continue westbound on I-10, exit at Bluebonnet Boulevard/Mall of Louisiana Boulevard (Exit 162B), turn left on Mall of Louisiana Boulevard, and turn left on eastbound Frontage Road to access Siegen Lane.
Drivers trying to get onto I-10 East from Siegen Lane should go south on Siegen Lane, turn left onto Perkins Road, turn left onto Highland Road, and access I-10 eastbound from Highland Road.
Motorists are reminded to please use caution in all construction zones and follow the lower posted speed limits.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Daycare owner indicted on negligent homicide charge in child's death
Slow start to ticket sales for Saturday's LSU, USC game
La. VA secretary out amid patient care scandal
LSU general admission tickets go on sale Thursday
West Feliciana deputy accused of using 'n' word, multiple complaints filed